Basement Waterproofing in TN, VA, WV, and NC
By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.sealtitebasement.com/
5 Tips for Basement Waterproofing in Richmond, VA
A lot of Richmond, VA homeowners want to know the best way to go about waterproofing their basement. Unfortunately, we can't tell you over the Web that "X" is the absolute best way to take care of your leaky basement problem if we don't know what's causing it in the first place. Instead, we will need to send a professional basement waterproofing tech to your home to evaluate the situation. He will easily be able to figure out how and where water is getting into your home, and then we will be able to tell you the best way to go about taking care of the problem once and for all.
Homes in Richmond are beautiful, and some are even historic. That being said, you need to be doing what you can to take care of your home, including your basement. It doesn't matter what you use this space for, whether it's finished or not, you still need to be sure it is dry, safe, and healthy. If not, basement moisture can cause serious damage to wooden support beams, floor joists, and it can even lead to the growth of dangerous mold and bacteria which could make your family really sick. Instead, it's a better idea to contact Seal-Tite at the first sign of water in your basement. You'll be glad that you did!
Below are 5 of the best tips we can offer for taking care of your wet basement. Again, the specific solution offered to you will depend on what kind of problem your Richmond home is experiencing.
1. Sump Pumps - sump pumps are installed in the lowest lying area of the basement and they accumulate water in their basin. Once water reaches a certain point, it is sent far out away from the home so it can't cause any moisture problems.
2. Battery Backup Sump Pumps - these sump pumps act as "backup" to your primary pump in case it fails or if the power goes out. Most of these pumps run off of battery power.
3. Basement Drains - basement drains help to stop water from building up and flooding this area of your home. They can be connected to sump pumps.
4. Sealing Basement Windows - if you have broken seals on your basement windows, water can easily get inside whenever it rains.
5. Fixing Wall and Floor Cracks - water is also easily able to get into your basement through wall and floor cracks. We can seal them off so this is no longer a problem.
Feel free to call us for more information about getting your wet basement repaired in Richmond, VA! We look forward to talking with you soon!